Updated July 30, 2020
Dear Members, Supporters, and Friends of Tifft Nature Preserve:
As we all continue to closely monitor news surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we at the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences (BSNS) would like to reassure you that our commitment to the health and well-being of our guests and community members remains at the center of all we do.
As the BSNS begins its gradual reopening of the Buffalo Museum of Science, the Darling Environmental Education Center at Tifft will remain closed. This closing will allow us to focus our resources into reopening the Museum while also implementing the BSNS reopening plan at Tifft.
The trails remain open to the public, but please review our latest updates prior to your visit:
- Most trails are currently open, but restrooms in the Darling Environmental Education Center are not accessible due to our temporary closure. Boardwalks have also been closed in response to social distancing guidelines. To review available trails click here.
- In partnership with the City of Buffalo, Tifft’s boardwalks have been closed to reduce congestion and encourage safe social distancing.
- We appreciate our guests’s understanding that we are maintaining our policy that pets are not allowed on the Preserve.
- For your comfort and safety, we recommend wearing long pants and closed shoes, such as sneakers and boots, during your visit.
- We have canceled all programs, camps and events scheduled during our closure. If you’ve registered for a program during this time, please check your email for information and/or instructions regarding your ticketing options.
- In response to our temporary closure, the Museum extended new and existing memberships to fulfill our 12-month commitment. An email was sent on July 2, 2020, to Members who were active during the Museum’s temporary closure with their updated expiration date.
Lastly, we want you to know that we, along with other area arts and cultural organizations, need your support to continue advancing our mission. The BSNS has lost critical admission, membership and event proceeds during our closure that enable us to serve our community members and schools. Please consider ordering or renewing your membership, or making a donation to the Buffalo Museum of Science or Tifft Nature Preserve to support our efforts to elevate science literacy in our community.
Our hearts are with all who are impacted by COVID-19 and we are committed to doing our part in preventing the spread of this virus. For updates and complete guidelines on preventing the spread of COVID-19, please visit the CDC website at CDC.gov.
We look forward to having you back to the Museum and Tifft again soon.