Tifft is Free to Explore
Access to Tifft’s grounds, boardwalks and trails is free and open to the public; donations are gratefully accepted. Click here for more information on group offerings.
Herb & Jane Darling Environmental Education Center Hours:
- The Herb & Jane Darling Environmental Education Center is temporarily closed.
- Open year-round from dawn to dusk
Tifft Nature Preserve Map
- Click here for your printable copy of the map to the preserve
Do’s and Don’ts at Tifft
- Park cars in front parking lot
- Leave pets at home
- Stay on trails and walk with a friend, not alone
- For your comfort and safety, we recommend long pants and closed shoes when visiting Tifft
- Picnic near the Herb & Jane Darling Environmental Education Center (no cooking)
- Fish only on the West and South shores of Lake Kirsty
- Follow NYS Fishing Regulations
- Remember to walk and talk quietly to better enjoy the wildlife
- Take only pictures, memories and garbage with you when you leave
- Stop into the Darling Environmental Education Center to pick up a trail map, find answers to your questions and for restrooms and drinking fountains
Please Do Not:
- Feed or handle wildlife
- Collect or release wildlife
- Disturb wildlife or visitors
- Pick or eat flowers, plants, or fruits
- Bring dogs or any other animals
- Swim, boat, jog, or bike (bicycle rack available)
- Park at Herb & Jane Darling Environmental Education Center without authorization, a handicapped permit or plates. Visitor Center parking lot closes daily at 4 p.m.
- Walk on ice or any body of water
- Use kites, motorized toys, sleds, toboggans, inner tubes, ATVs, or snowmobiles
- Hunt, trap, build fires, or bring firearms
- Bring drugs or alcohol
Failure to comply with the rules above may result in your removal from Tifft Nature Preserve.
1200 Fuhrmann Boulevard
Buffalo, New York 14203
Phone: (716) 825-6397
The Preserve is located on Fuhrmann Blvd and Buffalo’s Outer Harbor, easily accessible from Route 5.
Free parking is available in the Visitor lot near the driveway entrance. Overflow parking is available along Fuhrmann Boulevard.